If your printer doesn’t notice printer drivers it will show canon printer drivers unavailable message. Drivers are a sort of message channel linking the printer and the computer. If they are down the printer won’t receive no matter which. It simply means, no printing.
What closely the canon printer drivers unavailable mean?
So what does it means that the printer drivers are unavailable? Well as the name imply, the error occurs while a little is wrong with the printer’s drivers.
Something is preventing the canon printer drivers to work as they should. It is usually caused by distort or outdated drivers.
It could as well be a sign that windows require updates. But most usually it’s the out of order, mismatched, or corrupts drivers that are the main reason.
Now the best way you can apply to quickly fix the error;
Way 1: Update newest Canon printer drivers
If your printer drivers are old the easy fix is to update them, follow the steps;
- At the same time press Windows and R keys.
- Once run dialogue box opens, type “devmgmt.msc” and press enter.
- Device manager window will open.
- Right-click printer line and pick update drivers.
- Windows will prompt you with two options.
- Pick the regular driver update from the internet.
- Windows will look for over the internet and install the necessary updated drivers.
Way 2: Update windows
From time to time updating windows also fix canon printer drivers unavailable error, here are the steps;
- Hit it off start button.
- Type updates in the search field and press enter.
- On the update screen, click confirms updates.
- Windows will look for updates and install automatically.
- Once update, restart the system.
- Make sure if the problem has been resolved.
Way 3: Re-Install the Canon printer
Final resort, you can take away the printer and all its related software and method after that add them back. This will remove any faulty drivers and install the default working ones.
- Release control panel window and snap device and printer link.
- The Right clicks, the printer icon, and pick remove device.
- Press Windows and R keys to the open run dialogue box.
- Type “devmgmt.msc” in the search bars and click run.
- In device manager window, right-click ‘printer queue’, then choose ‘uninstall’.
- Remove USB wire if linked, next restart the computer.
- Go to the official Canon website; download the latest drivers and software for your Canon printer.
- Stipulate the connection type and continue to install your printer.
If you experience any problem while installing Canon printer and printing, please visit canon.com/ijsetup for guidance.