Canon Pixma MX490 Setup
Network Setup Using WPS
- Make sure that your router is ready and correctly set up.
- Next, well the power wire to your printer and to the wall opening.
- After that, push the on button which you will locate on the front-left panel of the printer.
- Instantly, the blue light near the copy button will be lit and constant.
- To continue, press the menu button and the printer will show you the diverse options on the display like Photo, WLAN setup, Web service, etc.
- On the front-right show of the printer, you will see four-way arrow keys. Use the keys to pick the WLAN setup option.
- After that, the printer will notice your WPS-enabled router.
- Next, go to your router and spot the WPS button. To verify the WPS button, you can ensure your router physical.
- After that, push and hold the WPS button on your wireless router. By liability so, the light next to the WPS button will begin blinking.
- Push the OK button on your Canon Pixma MX490. The printer will attempt to attach with the network.
- After the screen displays the message “Connected to the access point”. push OK.
Canon Pixma MX490 Software Installation
- To reach canon.com/ijsetup site, the primary step is to open a dependable web browser such as chrome, Safari, etc..
- You will with no trouble find the search bar in the midst of the screen. All you require to do is start typing your printer model number i.e MX490. On time, it will show your model number in the list. Pick the printer and click Go.
- On this page, you can study all the product information such as Manuals, your printer condition, etc.
- Now below your product model name, click on the Drivers & Downloads tab. This will get you to the bottom of the page where you will find two separate sections of suggested and Optional drivers.
- To download the driver, it is essential that you fill the Operating system and Language fields. Therefore, make a suitable choice.
- Below the suggested Driver section, click “choose” and then click on the Download button.
- The exe or dmg file depending on your PC operating system will start downloading.
- To get in progress, open the downloaded Canon Pixma MX490 setup file. On the welcome display, click Next.
- You will be asked to choose your put of Residence. When chosen, click Next.
- Agree to the License Agreement, click Next and the drivers will not be installed.
- On the Connection Method display, choose the radio button of “Use the Canon printer with Wireless LAN connection” and click Next.
- The program will start communicate with the Canon Pixma MX490 Printer. Previously detected, validate your printer model number and click Next.
- The software will at this time be installed, click Complete.
How to carry out the print test procedure from your computer?
- On windows, open the Control panel goes to Hardware and Sound and pick “view devices and printers”. While in Mac, pick preferences from the Apple menu, then Print & Fax and choose the Printing tab.
- Your printer will be displayed on the left-hand side with a green checkmark on it. Right-click on it and pick printer property.
- Insert the paper tray of your printer, go the paper guides, and place a load of paper carefully.
- Regulate the side paper guides, put in the paper tray back into the printer. Also, open the outer cover of the printer and expand the paper output tray.
- On the printer properties display of your computer, click on the print test page button. The page will be on paper. This ends the Canon Pixma 490 Printer Setup.